Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Bloggers Beware!

So we went to family cake and ice cream on Sunday, Yep my birthday, and I told the fam that we now have a family blog... and boy was that fun. Jenna told me that she is a blogger and so we added her to the list of hot spots. Well then Tiffany wanted in on it so we made her a spot. Hopefully she has blogges just a little. Anyway my reason for blogging is because I am getting frustrated. I just paid the rent and I had to go into the overdraft to have it clear yeah that is us living beyond our means. Our Lease is up in January and we have to move but we can't afford to buy anything right now. And we can't afford to rent anything half decent and big enough for our famiy! I just don't know what we are going to do. But I was talking to Kellie at the Credit Union today and asked her if she had any ideas on how we can get out of debt. I knew what she was going to say and she did! Quit eating out! I have finaly gotten to the point where I don't want to spend the money on fast food but I haven't quit yet! So here it comes.... I can not and will not go out to eat anymore until my credit cards and my overdraft are all paid off and I have 200.00 in savings. I know it's not a lot but it is $1000.00 more than I have now! But with one exception we have already made plans to go with Shawn and Nikki this weekend. Also no more drinks at the gas stations and no more buying stupid little things that I don't need. Oh boy this might be the hardest thing I do in my life! Here goes........

4 comments:

Jenna Harris said...

You can do it, Tamma!! And believe me, I know how hard it is.

Perhaps instead of saying, I won't go out until this happens. You could say, I'll only go out once a month until this happens. And you can make more of an occasion of going out when you do.

I know that you love your soda, so I'm going to whisper something to you. *Wendell's work has fountain drinks in the lobby. If you wanted to stop by, you could say hi to Wendell and fill up your soda for free.*

See, you don't have to give everything up, you just have to let people know what you need and you might be surprised at what help and tips you get.

..NaNy.. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
..NaNy.. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Our Neck of the Wood's said...

Jenna has wise words--we have downgraded our goings-out to twice a month, and though it requires a lot more cooking, I've found a lot of fun recipes that my whole family likes. I can help you make a month-long menu . . .