Coming into this world 5 weeks early and weighing 6 lbs 9 oz we introduce to you our newest Son Baden Isaiah Matthew Pratt. Baden made his grand entrance on July 30th 2009. Being so early his lungs were not quite ready. So they took him to the Nursery to put him on a C-pap machine. Well about 11 hours after being born he had improved a little bit but was not ready to breathe on his own. So the Doctors decided that he needed more help so they transported him to Utah Valley Regional Medical Center. To do this they had to put him on a ventilator. So at 3:34 am they took him by ambulance.
He has now come off the ventilator and is back on the c-pap machine. He had developed pneumonia. He is on antibiotics and has about 4 more days of that. I went to see him this morning and he is doing better. He is almost off the c-pap machine. They hope to let him try to breathe by himself starting maybe tonight but most likely tomorrow. I can't wait until he is off because I will get to hold him. I have read blogs about babies and how their mom's didn't get to hold them until they were days even weeks old. I knew it must be hard for them. Well being in their shoes I understand just how hard it is.
I will end this with a few pictures of our sweet baby boy!!!!!










10 comments:
What a cutie, Tamma! My mom told me about him having to go to UVRMC. I was worried, but I am glad to hear that he is doing better. I can't wait until you can hold your darling little boy!
He is so cute. I am so sorry that you can't hold him. I hope he starts breathing on his own really fast so that you can hold him!
You and Baden are in our prayers!!
What a little cutie! I am sorry about this bump in the road. I hope that you will be holding him (and bringing him home) sooner rather than later. Keep us posted.
congrats!!!! he is so cute!
I just love the collage you made of your sweet baby, I'm so happy for you guys and I'll be even happier when you are able to bring him home:)
He's beautiful! I'm glad to hear things went good. Hopefully you'll be able to take him home sooner than later. Congratulations:)
Wow! Sounds like he was a good size even though he was 5 weeks early. I bet all those things you were worried about before don't matter as much now. I hope you get to hold him and bring him home soon. We miss you guys!
he's such a cutie!! I can't wait until you can bring him home. I've been thinking about you!! congrats!
He is so precious! Thanks for stopping by and letting us see him!
Tamma, I cant wait for you to be able to hold him! I am glad things are improving for him, so hopefully you will be able to take him home soon :)
Post a Comment